Friday, February 6, 2009

My First Blog

Okay. This is my very first blog. I'm new at all of this. I absolutely love baking and am working on some recipes that I might be able to enter into the Pillsbury Bake Off. It's a long shot, but I have to try. I've had a recipe in Woman's Day before, so you never know. Last night I made a Bourbon Pecan Brownie. I don't like alcohol, so I ended up not liking the brownies. E loved them. He took some to work and they all loved them. He let our ever faithful guinea pig, Ned, try one and Ned took one to the restaurant where I am currently baking Brookies for. Randy was on the phone and gave him the thumbs up. I guess the brownies turned out well, but I personally cannot get past the alcohol.

Tonight I have to work at Fabio's, so I won't be experimenting. I'll be baking this weekend, however. I'm trying to find something nice and chocolatey. Randy might want to use my lemon bars for V-Day, but I think chocolate is more romantic than lemons. No? We'll just see what I come up with. I need to find out if Randy would consider cakes and pies. I have so many things I want to try in those forms. I think I need to talk with him.

Well, it's almost quitting time here and then I'll be off to the restaurant to work. It really sucks working two jobs, but I love having extra money. Maybe I can make enough extra money baking....eventually. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment