Thursday, May 7, 2009

Coffee Lovers' Coffee Cake II

This is a recipe I got from Taste of Home. I accidentally changed it because I didn't pay attention to what I was doing and added too much butter. Nonetheless it was awesome. I think I'll keep the butter amount because I can't imagine eating it with any less.




Coffee Lovers' Coffee Cake II

adapted from Taste of Home


1/3 cup granulated sugar

4-1/2 tsp instant coffee granules

1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon


Batter:

1/3 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla extract

1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/8 tsp salt

1 cup sour cream

2 Tbsp walnuts, chopped


In a small bowl, combine the sugar, coffee granules and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add to butter mixture along with sour cream. Beat just until combined.


Spread half the batter evenly in a sprayed 9-inch square baking pan; sprinkle with half the reserved coffee mixture. Repeat layers; cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with nuts.


Bake at 350 degrees F for 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack. Serve warm.
These are the ones on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment