Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What a Morning!

I started this blog with the intentions of only posting when I had a recipe, tip, or baking experience. I didn't plan to post anything today because I didn't really have anything to share. That was until this morning. Dixie went near a skunk this morning. She didn't get a direct spray, but she certainly got some of the offensive smell on her nose. Living in the country, I should be used to this, right? Ugh! I can never get use to that smell! I have tried many things to get rid of the odor. I have found one reliable concoction that I use everytime now. It's from "Joey Green's Amazing Kitchen Cures "book. I love this book. It has so much useful information. Here is the recipe I use. There may still be a slight odor left behind, but nothing, and I mean NOTHING like the other concoctions leave. Oh, and I don't have to worry about having a pink dog for a month!

Skunk Odor Remover

In a bucket, mix the contents of one small box of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda, two cups hydrogen peroxide, one teaspoon of Dawn Dishwashing Liquid, and one gallon warm water. Use a scrub brush to wash with this solution.

I'm telling you, it's a God send. Miss Dixie is on the back deck freezing her little tail off (don't worry, the temps are rising to near 70 today!) but at least most of the smell is gone. I can smell only a hint of it when I put my nose right up to hers. Now, I just hope the house airs out by the time I get home.

http://www.amazon.com/Joey-Greens-Amazing-Kitchen-Cures/dp/1579546447/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234272528&sr=8-1

No comments:

Post a Comment