Monday, March 16, 2009

Snow and Spring

This is one of the best things about living on a mountain (granted it's a small foothill mountain, but it's still a mountain.)
Friday morning we woke up to snowfall. This picture was actually taken at lunch time. When I got to work, I was the only vehicle with snow on it! AND I had about a half inch of snow on my truck! I noticed there was hardly any snow sticking to the ground at work. By the time I left for work there was no snow left on the ground. Looking up the hill I could see the mountain range was still white with snow. When I got home, I decided to take this picture so you can see how cool it was! The white is what snow was left around 1pm and it was still snowing. Looking down the hill towards work (the big white building) you can see there is no snow. I love how we can be colder at the house and warmer down at work. One thing that makes me cringe is when we are in a drought and I can clearly see rain falling at work, but we are getting nothing. The mountain range will split storms and they will sometimes go around us.
About Spring....we were in the 70s/80s at the beginning of last week, then the cold front came in. You can see the green grass poking through the snow. As of today, there is green grass going all the way down to the bottom. Love seeing the green!!

No comments:

Post a Comment