Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring at Last!

Yay! It's officially Spring. I love Spring. Don't get me wrong, Fall is my favorite season. There is just a feeling of renewal that comes with Spring, however. Everything is turning green again. Flowers are blooming. Birds are singing. Frogs are peeping. It's so refreshing.

I did a bit of baking this past week and this weekend. I'll try to remember to post the recipe for my Coffee Lover's Coffee Cake today or tomorrow. I'd like to post a pic with it, so tomorrow might be better. The restaurant has placed several big orders with me so I've been trying to keep up with that while also trying to get goodies down to the coffee shop. I only have one more day to work at Fabio's (**glee**) so that will give me two extra days to bake. Yes, two. I couldn't bake on Thursdays because I wasn't able to take anything to the coffee shop Friday evenings. Now I'll be able to bake Thursdays and Fridays if I want to. Of course I will be taking a couple of days off here and there. I don't want to get burnt out.

Now that Spring has finally sprung I have been able to plant spring veggies in my garden. This weekend I planted onions, leeks, spinach, lettuce, arugula, peas, and broccoli. I am soooo looking forward to having my own fresh veggies! I started peppers and tomatoes this weekend. I'm a couple of weeks behind, but that's okay. Once they get to the right size, the greenhouse will help them grow fast. Last year my plants may have been slightly too big to sell, although they sold quite well. This year they'll be the perfect size. I'll start some herbs this week. I plan to have a big herb garden if E helps me with getting the bed made.

It's about time to cut the grass for the first time. It could've used a cutting this weekend, but I was too busy with other things. I'll either do it later this week or Saturday morning. We're supposed to get rain Saturday afternoon and Sunday. Bummer for a weekend! The temps are staying pretty cool. I'm hoping this Spring will be like last Spring, long and cool. We had an actual Spring instead of bouncing right into Summer. I hate Summer. Feeling like you are melting in a bowl of pea soup is not fun. I probably wouldn't hate it so much if I lived in a different climate.

Okay. Enough for now. Gotta get back to work. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment