Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!!

Happy Halloween! We had a costume contest at work yesterday. I wore my trusty old Civil War re-enactment outfit. Well, one of them. It's the first time I wore it to work. I don't take the best pictures, but I'll show what I have.


I did win a prize! I won "Best Fit to Personality". Hmm... I wonder what that's really supposed to mean. I was told it's because I'm so quaint and quiet.

I had another order for a cake! Yay! This time it was a trout cake. I had so many ideas buy my tools and equipment are still limited. If I keep this up I'll be able to buy the things I need.


I wanted to do the entire cake as a trout, but I didn't have a pan big enough so I made a standard size sheet cake (two layers) and carved out the trout on another cake. I made two trouts just incase I messed up, and sure enough the first one didn't turn out like I wanted. I changed gears and came up with this. E helped out with the blue icing and cutting the trout. He won't admit it, but he liked it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment