Sunday, October 18, 2009

Monster Truck Cakes and the 70s

I've been so excited this week because I was asked to bake a birthday cake for a friend's grandson. He wanted a monster truck cake. I looked up ideas online and found some pics that I liked. The pics used cake molds, but I didn't have one so I had to make my cake by stacking loaf pan size cakes. For the wheels I used my mini bundt pan. I wanted to make the truck black, but I didn't have time to run to C'ville to pick up any supplies, so I had to make do with what I had. The truck ended up being gray. It took a lot of hours and a lot of work, but I think it turned out pretty good for my first 3-D cake:



It was supposed to be Grave Digger. I needed more supplies to be able to decorate it correctly, but I think you can tell what it is.

Last night we attended a surprise birthday party for a friend. The party was a 70s theme so E and I got dressed up. I had a black dress that was his mom's from the 60s/70s and E bought an outfit from a party store in C'ville. It turned out great!




Gotta love the afro!

No comments:

Post a Comment