Sunday, May 23, 2010

I'm Still Here!

I have no good excuse and I'm not going to try to make any. I just keep forgetting to post. Well, I'm going to show you two cakes that I've done recently. They're not the best, but I'm still learning. The first one I did for a lady who wanted to thank the auto body shop that was working on her car. Yes, it's pink. That's what happens when you don't have any red icing and you try to make your own.


The next one I made last week for a lady's birthday. She loves lighthouses.


I have to make a three-layer coconut cake this week for another lady. I'm kind of relieved that it's just a simple cake like that. I want to do more character/shape cakes, but it's alot of work and I have to bake brookies for two restaurants this week.
Last weekend was E's and my 10th anniversary! Wow! I can't believe it's been 10 years already. Actually, it feels like I've been with E for all of my life, but in a good way. I'm so happy that he is a part of my life. We couldn't go away for long because of the turkeys, but we managed to get a night away and stay in Staunton. I've never been there, even though it's only about an hour away. I'm so glad we went because it is beautiful. Todd and Carrie gave us a gift certificate for one night's stay at the Stonewall Jackson Hotel for Christmas, so we used it for our anniversay. We have to go back next weekend to pick up an antique buffet that we are buying. I can't wait to get that in the house.
Anyway, I'll try my best to post more often. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment