Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Busy Weekend!

I've been a busy bee this weekend. I've been doing a lot of baking and seed starting. Right now I have a couple varieties of lettuce, spinach, leeks, and arugula waiting to sprout. Maybe by this weekend they will have. I'll be seeding some more lettuce tonight and maybe some flowers.

Last night I baked a 1/2 sheet of lemon bars. Here they are, ready to go to the restaurant today.
E took some samples that I baked this weekend to the coffee shop. He's going back today to take some business cards. I hope to hear back from them soon. I'm thinking I should probably bake a few cakes, cookies, and pies to take to them to sample. That way they'll know what all I can bake.
I took some samples to work and everybody loved them. People kept thanking me for bringing them yummy treats. Sigh. I love to make people's taste buds happy! E took a sample tray to his supervisor and she said that she will volunteer to be my official taste tester. :)
Here is a pic of my Brookies and a recipe I created, Cherry Coconut Bars. Those bars were delicious. I'm entering them into the Pillsbury Bake-Off. I doubt I'll have a chance, but you never know. I'm going to toil around with some other recipes to see what I can come up with.

I decided that I wanted to start baking my own bread. I'm a little nervous using yeast, so I decided to just start out using the bread machine. Here is a loaf of white bread. The house smelled so good as it was baking. Oh, and it tasted good, too. If I have time this weekend, I'll try to do some regular bread baking. I think I'll have to go buy some more bread pans first, though.


Saturday morning I wanted to make E a nice V-Day breakfast. Along with eggs and bacon, I made these Cranberry-Orange Biscuits from BH&G. I'll try to remember to post the recipe tomorrow. These were delicious! I've never made a biscuit by scratch before (can you say Bisquick?) so this was a treat. It's so much better than the baking mixes so I think I'll start making all biscuits by scratch from here on out. I may mess around with something tonight, or just take the night off. I haven't decided yet.
Miss B



No comments:

Post a Comment