Monday, February 23, 2009

Yay for Me!

Saturday evening E and I went to the coffee shop to talk to the owner. She was really excited about getting my goodies in her restaurant! Yay!! She also wants me to sell my jams since there is a gift shop. I took her samples of some jams and Peanut Butter Brookies. She and everyone else absolutely loved them. She wanted me to start bringing her things right away. Yesterday I spent the afternoon baking and canning. Here is a pic of the Peanut Butter Brookies and Gingerbread Biscotti that I am taking down there this evening. The biscotti will go great with their Gingerbread Lattes. I don't drink coffee and even that sounds good!
I'll think of a couple more things to come up with and take them down there later in the week. The partner even asked if I could do cakes and pies. I told her I'd have no problem with that, but I'd have to figure the cost out. Some cakes and pies might be too expensive. I explained to her that I only use quality ingredients, so that can make the prices go up some. I'll have to experiment some this week. In the mean time, E and I need to do some serious exercising!!

On another note, Wayne (E's step-father) was having a heart attack Saturday. I say "having" because it was caught before it turned into a full-blown heart attack. He looked pretty bad when the rescue squad took him out. He's doing much better now and may be able to come home today. I hope he takes it easy from here on out and I hope the start eating healthier. I don't think I should be using them as my guinea pigs anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment