Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A world of color

I found that color comes out better in lower light. Here are a few pics around the house that show some of the new Spring color.

This pic is a little blury (sorry, I'm not too steady) but it's of our plum tree. The Cleveland pear tree is in the background, as well as the greenhouse. Oh, and yes. Those are Easter egg decorations on the plum tree. Don't laugh at me. This is a pic looking down the hill towards the highway and work. It's amazing how fast everything turns green. You can start to see the green "fuzz" on the trees.

This was my very first flower bed. It needs a lot of TLC. I'll get to it eventually.

Here is another flower bed that has been invaded by wire grass. I'm going to dig up what I can save and then start over. My poor lavender probably won't make it.


I've been so busy lately with baking and trying to get things done outside. I'm supposed to make a delivery to the coffee shop this evening, go to the grocery store, bake two batches of coffee cake, and cover up what I have planted in the garden because it's supposed to get down to freezing tonight. Somewhere I have to find time to eat dinner, work out, and clean; maybe even study a little if I can. Oh, and I can't forget sleep. It'll come around eventually.
I've tried making a lemon cornmeal cake twice now. The first time I decided to do cupcakes. It tasted great, but it wasn't pretty. I used my stupid stoneware and the cupcakes didn't come out smoothly. They were also very flat on top. I made it again yesterday using my stoneware bundt pan and it sunk (terribly) in the middle. I'm not sure if it's the stoneware, the oven, the recipe, or me. I'm going to try it one more time before I either a) give up or b) tinker with the recipe. It tastes great the way it is, but I can't sell it. I'm also hoping to find time to try some new recipes I have floating around in my head. Lot's of sampling ahead for us and our co-workers. :) That's why we joined the gym!


No comments:

Post a Comment